Henjoy emailed me this. I dont know its origins, but I like the sentiment!
Read at your leisure. I kinda liked this one ’cause I always got asked did I
Dear Civilians, ‘We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation
has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military.
For those of you who can’t join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of
the areas where we would like your assistance:
1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the
playing of the National Anthem – kick their ass.
2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest -
kick their ass.
3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount
of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull
them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they
bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans
made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran
kicks their ass.
4. If you were never in the military DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing
battle dress uniforms (BDUs), Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to
be ‘Special Forces, Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when
you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your
5. Next time you come across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, Do you
fly a jet? Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves
an ass-kicking (children are exempt).
6. If you witness someone calling the *US Coast Guard* ‘non-military’, inform
them of their mistake – and kick their ass.
7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your
damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly
thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her – of
course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.
8. ‘Your mama wears combat boots’ never made sense to me – stop saying it! If
she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your ass!
9. ‘Flyboy’ (*Air Force*), ‘Jarhead’ (*Marines*), ‘Grunt’ (*Army*), ‘Squid’
(*Navy*), ‘Puddle Jumpers’ (*Coast Guard*), etc., are terms of endearment we
use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have
not earned the right to use them. Using them could get your ass kicked.
10. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military,
support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious
holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are
literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen far from home
wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the
sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our Country would get its ass
11. ‘It’s the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the
‘It’s the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.’
‘It’s the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom
‘It’s the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and
whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the
WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!
IN GOD WE TRUST