UPDATE: The number below has at least doubled and is now over 220 and rising!!!!
Apparently everyone! So far 111 companies have applied for and received waivers from implementing the plan. Some of the companies that have been granted waivers include McDonald’s, Darden Restaurants (owners of the Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurant chains), Aetna, the United Federation of Teachers Welfare Fund in New York, and Dish Network.
Why do you suppose these companies have been exempted? It’s supposed to be a great plan? Why do they not have to implement. It all seems to be big companies too, you know companies that could take this to court if they had to implement this plan. Make you wonder huh?
It’s kind of ironic when you consider that this was Obama and the Dems crown jewel of their “accomplishments”. Looks to me like this is proof that it is a failure. What do you think?
I was listening to President Obama give his “My fellow democrats got their butts handed to them” speech today, and three letters came to my mind and those were WTF! He’s blabbering about having congratulated John Boehner and how he hopes that they can all cooperate together because America doesn’t need another two years like we have had the past two.
He speaks of cooperation but where was cooperation when he and the Democrats rammed a “stimulus” package down our throats. Ditto when they did the same thing with the Health Care bill.
He speaks of honesty but where was that honesty when for months; he talked about transparency in his administration. He talked about putting the Health Care hearings on CSpan while Democrats and Republicans both sat around a table a hammered out a plan. What happened? None of that! Instead we get thousands of pages cobbled together with the (soon to be Ex) Speaker Pelosi telling us “We need to pass the bill so we can see what’s in it”. Forget about putting it out there for public review so that we could see it and discuss with our legislators. No just ram it through while the votes are hot.
He was asked if the Republican Tidal Wave was a mandate from the people against him. Well of course, Mr. Obama, being smarter than all the rest of us had to tell us why we voted out so many Democrats. It’s because he inherited a large deficit ( yes he still is blaming Bush) and the “emergency situation required an emergency response” that had to be pushed through rapidly. Americans voted him in because they were tired of the way things were done in Washington and he did this the same old way. We confused his emergency response with a “big agenda”. Again we are not as smart as him, and we are confused.
He did say that different elections bring different emotions. Some leave you excited, some leave you humbled. He never did say he was humbled though. I don’t know if we can ever expect a straight answer from him but I do know two things. He thinks he is smarter than anyone else, so therefore everyone else is supposed to accept his answers at face value. He is and always will be blameless. After all its Bush’s fault.
When your friends can’t explain why they voted for Democrats, give them this list. They can then pick a reason.
10. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies’ profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.
9. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
8. I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
7. I voted Democrat because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can’t tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don’t start driving a Prius.
5. I voted Democrat because I’m not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies through abortion so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
4. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.
3. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the democrats see fit.
2. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
1. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my backend that it is unlikely that I’ll ever have another point of view.
I’ll keep my Freedom, my God and my Guns… YOU keep the Change…!!!
No matter who you decide to vote for, just make sure you vote …..